Form: Translucent crystalline solid
Assay: ≥ 99%
Clarity of Solution (5%, H2O): Passes test
pH (5%, H2O): 4.5 to 6.0
Freezing Point: ≥ 40.5°C
Water: ≤ 0.1%
Res. on Evaporation: ≤ 0.05%
Buffer Equilibration Suitability: Passes test
Iron (Fe): ≤ 1 ppm
Lead (Pb): ≤ 2 ppm
Magnesium (Mg): ≤ 1 ppm
DNase (endo): Passes test
Preservatives/Inhibitors: Passes test
• Used primarily for DNA/RNA extraction and purification.
Preparation of buffered phenol:
- Allow phenol to warm to room temperature and then melt at 68°C.
- Add an equal volume of buffer (0.5M Tris-HCl, pH 8.0).
- Stir for about 15 minutes on a magnetic stirrer.
- When the two phases have separated, aspirate the top (aqueous) phase.
- Add an equal volume of 0.1M Tris-HCl, pH 8.0 and repeat stirring.
- Remove the aqueous phase and repeat extractions until the pH of the phenol is 7.8. (Note: Measure with pH paper).
- After the phenol is equilibrated, remove the final aqueous phase. Top with 0.1 volumes of 0.1M Tris-HCl, pH 8.0.
- Store in a light-tight bottle at 4°C.
Note: For convenience, USB provides phenol which is already equilibrated (PNs 75829 or 77510).
Packed under inert atmosphere
Currently there are no required/related products displayed for this product.